Tuesday, August 12, 2008

december 31st 2006

was when this was written and I am getting rid of an old blog, and this entry stuck out, as it is a review and list of goals of 2006.


reflection.
I'd like to silver line this and drench you in boastful lines of my accomplishments and memorable moments before this year concludes. But in all honesty, I can't. And it is not because I had a bad year. This year, regardless of its lowest lows, was really incredible. For one, I'm still here, I'm breathing. I'm not starving. I'm in good health. I'll keep the things I looked upon as milestones in my life in my head, jumbled with all my other thoughts.
But this year was an in depth year of self-awarness. and growth. I laid the line down for what future I'm interested in. I discovered some hidden emotional strengths I never knew I had. I faced loss, and trust, and honor. I rose above people that pissed me off and I stuck with the ones I love.
But as this year comes to an end.. I just want to soak it all in. But I can't. For one I have a horrible visual memory.. and two.. There is to much! But I wanted to say this, for myself.
With what has happened, good or bad, and will happen in the future, I'm so ready. Show me the world and bring on my life because I feel ready. I'm looking forward to understanding myself more this new year (as I don't know who I am) and to facing new challenges. I have so many goals, and each day that passes is one day less I have untill I achieve them.
I'm going to get into a collge I love. I will keep the relationships I established with friends in high school. I'm going to get lost on one of those islands in may. I'm going to count my basketball bruises like blessings. I'm going to learn more sign language so I can communicate with my brother. I'm going to fight seniorits as best I can (not!), I'm going to value the people I look up to even more this year, I'm going to get tickets to olympus fashion week bryant park again, I'm going to learn how to ballroom dance, I'm going to finish Houston, I'm going to deliver an incredible president farewell speech at STATES, I'm going to seek out full happiness in everything I do so I never feel like I wasted a breath. No regrets. Its 2007 and I'm so ready to be challenged again.
bring it on.

No comments: