Monday, August 18, 2008

mid august.

and i can't believe its, well.. mid august. I have decided with little arguing with myself that I worked too much this summer. On a positive note, it gave me responsibility, a place to be besides home, and a reason to not spend my summer bored and alone. But with that, I missed out on a decent amount of thing, like vacations and catching up with friends.

its really hard to stay in touch with everyone you love and care about more than just a hey whats up via myspace message every three weeks. but i can say, that i tried. and i can also say, that in return most of my friends, did not try. I am looking forward to go back to school to see familar faces and old friends. I don't think I established to many friendships though, I met a lot of people, but hung out with the same five both semesters. I don't think anyone is looking forward to seeing me. I sound like an emotional mess, but I assure you I am okay with this.

In a review of the summer so far, I can say it was a summer of responsibility and freedom. I worked six to seven days a week, and commuted to work. -just to fold scene kids tee shirts and ring up angry parents. But I am not complaining. Being so far from home gave me the oppurtunity to be everywhere. I spent my summer in friends beds, in montclair, wycoff, and fort lee. I spent weekends in the city with friends and coworkers, as well as some fun house parties and other assorted events. In a sense, I feel lucky that I was able to take time out of my day to actually enjoy people.

on a not to fun note, i'm so stressed about school. I want to transfer so badly. I still don't have housing. My parents won't help me move out, which means I have to maintain an almost full time job, take seventeen credits, drive my ass around, and feed myself. I'm unsure if I can do this on my own. SO, I almost dropped out of school so I could afford to move out of this damn county, and was going to take night classes at FIT. So work all day, school at night. But, I don't think I am doing that anymore. SO hectic. Anyways, I'm off.. its 11pm but I have to be up at six to get my car fixed. {tire blew doing seventy on eighty, woo, in pine brook! hispanic guy in an audi named roberto who spoke no english and was shorter than me changed it for me, double woo} and after, I am either off to the shore with my boy and his friends, where we will meet nikki (shes on vacation there) or he is going to come up here so we can kayack or something. So sleep deprived.

No comments: