Saturday, January 12, 2008

Alfred Eisenstaedt


I suppose yesterday was eventful. I put together my paperwork for my transfer. Hey, i said i was serious about this whole ordeal. I just need to slap my portfolio together, send my transcripts over, and get a letter of reccomendation. The portfolio part is whats killing me though. I need penciled self portrait, which i know i will have issues with. i also have to draw an inside of a room and either a shoe or bike. those will not be very difficult. the rest is 12-20 selected pieces. I decided i am going to put five fashion design sketches, two sewn garments, two-three photographs, two paintings, one pencil black and white and three sculptures in. Then, I should be set.

besides that, I did not do too much for the day. I helped my mother a lot. and in the evening matt bree and danny came over for a sleepover-hangover event. we really just watched tons of episodes of family guy, invaded my mom and dads alchie stash that they never drink, and played card games. seven and seven? jack and coke? rum and coke? ha, just don't let me mix because i make em strong. so it was silly fun. my sister is a light weight, and despite my mothers no drinks for maria rule i slipped her a glass of red wine, her favorite. she was shit faced on one glass it was great. there is a video of us together, i am playing a song on the harmonica and she is supposed to sing to it but she sings the wrong song, forgets to sing, hums, sings before i start, starts too late, goes too fast. haha it is the funniest video. hands down. anyways, it was a good time. just relaxing, boozing and watching family guy. and then, we all crashed, woke up, and ate waffles.

i need an adventure today. i was planning on going to the city but its too late now for me to make it in time for its original purpose. i might go to the salvation army. and i am on a search for an old, beat up chandelier for a sculpture project i am working on. peraps i will go our for that, and some new canvas! and new fabric. i also need to take photos today, like a mad woman. anyways, i've been inspired by photographs lately. there is this picture i've been wanting to take for years.. there is this huge, huge black horse. he is old and has a long knotty mane that covers the front of his face and he always stands in the doorway of his stall, looking around. he is a handsome devil. and i think it would be the perfect addition to my portfolio.

anyways, i would love to jump in some mud puddles right now, take a hike, or climb a treee. bizzzarrre? i believe so. but i think i' going to pass because there are certain things you should never do in life alone- such as mud puddle jumping. so, anyone down?


i chose alfred for today because he is an incredible photographer of the "american'' he really captures the beauty of relationships between people, of all sorts. and thats one of my main inspirations for sketching and paintings. especially back views. not sure why. well, enjoy.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket



i wish i could see everything in black and white at times. we would listen less with our eyes and more with our heart. if that makes sense. detail is just more focused in a limitation of color.

No comments: