Thursday, January 10, 2008

Jen Kao; one of vogue/style.com top ten new designers.

today has been quite eventful. on a personal level really.

i remained in my sweats, layered up and warm, i barely left the house but i accomplished so much. to start, i woke up early made myself a shake, and went back into bed. -but not to sleep. i pulled out my marker paper, pencils, acrylic paints, brushes, 100 fabulous marker set, everything and carefully organized it on my bed. and i went to work. i spent a few hours finishing and starting a bunch of projects. i've been really into relationships lately in my artwork, mostly unhealthy ones. but today i focused on real one- but back views. i sketched a few things out and painted one.

i also sketched like three decent design pieces. I am redoing my fashion portfolio. it needs change. i always design evening gowns and cocktail dresses, but thats simply my interest. i am finishing up a flirty cocktail dress tomorrow that i have been sewing actually. i wish i could say it was my design, but its from a pattern. I did change the sleeves and the hem though, and add pin tucks. a bit custom perhaps?

i have decided to leave montclair. it has been fun, and treated me well. but i need change bigger than red hawk country can give me. i had a great first semester, partying, staying out late, driving everywhere, having endless sleepovers- i even made great friends and crushed hard. but everything fell to shambles. i am no longer friends with that crowd for reasons they won't tell me. every crush i fell for in the end made me fall harder. classes were okay, but boring. in all its fun it did not inspire me- except for my sculpture class.

i will be leaving for new york fall semester. it is, out of everywhere in the world where i feel like i belong. that despite my oddities and inabilities to feel comfortable almost anywhere- in the confusion and mystery of new york city, i feel comfortable. it is where i wanted to go originally but thats an entry in its self. i live breathe bleed fashion. every element- sewing, styling, imported fabrics, textiles, the public relations. so my goal for 2008 is trade my jersey comfort zone to the newness of the city.

anyway, i believe i am going saturday to visit an open house, but really to just get an idea on transferring. i plan on going to my favorite cafe on 7th ave and to a few fun places like cheap jacks and what not.

so today, i painted, sketched, sewed, designed, made a new goal, and watched like four hours of runway shows. yup, eventful.



okay my artsie blob goes out to jen kao, a new and upcoming fashion designer. love her stitch detail and just wow, awesome! i wish i could sew like this woman. she has really fresh ideas i enjoyed the little of her that i found. hope you do too!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


fresh! fancy! crazy! versitile!

No comments: