Tuesday, May 27, 2008

listing my life away.

recent thoughts and things that have made me smile, or simply wonder.

1. a few days ago i saw an elderly woman, short and plump in a bright pink shirt an a big brimmed hat fall down in the street. I watched her swipe her hands around the warm pavement reaching out to her bag, that was only inches away, as she tried to get the strength to get up. but she didn't, she was helpless in the middle of a green light. I was a two lights away, and could not react {this was seconds} but thank god someone else did. I watched two women plunge into the street and scoop her up like angels and pull her to safety before the cars gobbled her up. I was so thankful, even though it was not me. But indeed it was a beautiful thing to watch. And i was easily reminded why I believe in the good in all people.

2. this beautiful weekend. and although i was working all weekend, in fact all week {last off day was last tuesday; next one this saturday} i enjoyed it. It made me remember my careless summer last year, how i enjoyed it so much. How i spent it at the waterfalls and car trips alike.

3. there were two pidgeons on a ledge. I was in the upper level, and was able to see them with eachother. Who ever thinks animals don't love is crazy. One flew to the other and nestled its face into the others neck with his/her eyes closed. It was perhaps the cutest thing, and I believe I was the only person around to appriciate that very moment.

4. i had a very interesting conversation with a friend the other night about personality types and such. i really can't explain it but basically it was very interesting.

5. is it normal to still be mad?

1 comment:

sharky. said...

I like to believe that people are inherently without moral reservation or the ability to do good. It is a stronger part of the mind that learns to be good, to fight off the bestial instinct of simple self-interest. Of course, some have trained it better than others. And, yes...it is quite normal. :D