Sunday, April 13, 2008

neglect.

i wrote this to try and explain, and also solve my terrible sleeping habits.

six in the morning.
staying alive all night to just
fall asleep to the morning songbirds
beckoning the sun to glow through the skyline
between the curtains of my windows.

lullabies, their melodies to me
a comforting sound to my ear
a careful and decent reminder
to sleep softly as the morning nears.

simple and sweet they sing to me
what dreams while sleeping can no longer give
my breath longs to fade awake into new days
with the security to live.


the sun spots creeping onto my sheets
and falling to rest on my skin
allow me to find comfort in a long night
that i have conquered again.


my insecurities about death tend to
consume me, controlling my abilty
to sleep clearly when all i await
is thee amber sky to console me.

No comments: