Sunday, June 8, 2008

too bad they never knew.

well if you don't know, now you do, but sometimes I go on a writing streak. I usually have to be heavily moved. But, I am putting in this entry a few of my better blurbs through out the last year or so. They are all about relationships, and sadly enough I never had enough courage in me to show them how I really felt about them. So these poems are about people, who never knew. I changed the names of the poems because they are self named for the boy that made me feel that way. Enjoy some of my secrets.



poem one
Underneath your own skin I can feel
But can’t comprehend the tension in which
Is pleading to burst to explain the confusion
That swallows the silence we sit in.

But I desire to grasp the connection
That seems to be weaving within us
Cautioning both happily and playfully
All the things we are not yet, but could be.

And I care to much to make the wrong decisions
And i let my apprehension control my intuition
As i leap blindly into believing that
I can believe in you and all your intentions.

Engulfed in my own repeating questions
They’re so cleverly rooted in my head
I ask myself what progress this emotion
Is making, as I lay lonely in bed.

But you leave me hanging in your doorway
Anxiously awaiting a kiss that never pulls through,
And I can’t keep hanging in your driveway baby
Holding coldly on to hope that I’ll taste you.

Instead you leave me more questions
And a long ride on the road to home alone
Why you didn’t reach in softly to my face
While we stood there in the company of the full moon.

_________________________________________________________________

poem two.
Here we are, here and there
occupying negative spaces
between actual unsaid words
but clearly spoken within our faces.

Tell me everything again the way you did
about how it all was then
Take me back again to innocence
here and now, then and again.

Find the park in which we sat and tell me-
know not that I have forgotten what you've said
but spill your secrets and dreams and fears again
So I don't have to replay your voice inside my head.

I regret nothing of that time with you,
and on how that night stroll
led me to your bed in the morning
perhaps all that went wrong was, it ended.
______________________________________________________________

poem three
It never ends, it never fades
It never quits, and always stays.
This it, forever continues.
Your face invading dreams
and creating nightmares.

It never stops my anticipation
It never ceases my wondering.
Or yeilds my yearning for intervention
It'll always be a quetsion,
of whatever it is, ow it slipped away.

It'll remain on my mind while
Driving or laughing-
like a mystery, unsolved,
For whatever it is
I lost what I had loved,

Its gone, your gone,
The past defines us while
we rely on hope to move ahead
The future is now
and it's still gone.

____________________________________________________________

poem again?
The moon is full tonight in reflection
And he may comprehend just what I’m contemplating.
This consistent battle of heart or mind?
But we both know the heart wins sometimes.

In thick folds of the night sky
Tainted with freckles of light
I leave my heart with the slightest impression
That it’ll find its way through tonight.

I leave only a tincture of trust
Pinned delicately to Orion’s bow
With hope that he will hunt in the night
For the love I am to have and bestow.

I’ll sleep in sweet dreams through
This dreary, yet hopeful nightfall
And within my confessions to the navy bliss
I’ll ponder lightly of your kiss.

But only Scutum can save me now
From falling so fast into what does not exist
So I’ll tuck away my memories and hopes
And rely on my mind to compensate my hearts resistance.

Good night bright moon, buttoned carefully in the sky
Farewell Caelum, Hydra, and Sagittarius
Goodbye hopeful, unrealistic lonely heart.
After all we both know the mind wins sometimes
_____________________________________________________

last one, i swear.
It’s the way we lay beneath the sheets
Tucked away and tangled in our own skin
With our fingertips sinking carefully in
The curvature of our hips.

It’s the way we delicately move into
One another with a persistent aggression
That is neither over powering nor rough
But with simple, genuine intention.

It’s the way our lips lightly meet
And cleverly turn into kissing after
So much tense anticipation from
The ongoing and welcomed temptation.

No comments: