Tuesday, June 3, 2008

just a thought or two.

I feel like I am saying the same things over and over again. You know those people you fear you may run into while getting gas or buying groceries? Those. "lets play 21 question" folks who know everything about you untill you ran away to college? High school hallway hellos, the overly involved mom from the team, your friends mom friends, the ex boyfriend mom. Ugh. I feel like that has been me recently. And every time they ask so what are you up to this summer, the only words I can get out of my brain are, "working, a lot." And then I reflect like a series of events, like I am rewinding a movie (but my movie) on super speed. I look back and see myself Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday sitting in traffic, folding clothes, dealing with an assholel, finding a size, driving home. Sunday, sitting around waiting for tables, apps, salads, main, desserts, tip. And then I fast forward back to me and who ever I am awkwardly talking to and blink like, shit. This is my summer. I suppose I happily blurb out something about how much I am working because I almost always get the "Good for you, you'll be making a lot of money this summer."

I mean, i am not complaining, because yes, I will be making a lot of money. I am just hoping I'll have the chance to live life and enjoy my summer as well. Last summer I was lucky to not work too much and make good money. I was able to see a lot of friends, hit the beach, hike, go to the waterfalls, shows, etc. but then again, I am also more of a night time person, and even with my six days a week working schedule, I still find the time to go out. So, on second thought, I'm not sure what I am worried about? This weekend alone, I went to the city friday with a few coworkers and my best friend, chilled with nikki in the morning (even though I was in bed), I've gone out for coffee the past week three times with different friends, and slept over Karsons house last night. I also have two birthday parties, a going away party, and a friends-from-home get together party in the next two weeks.. and thats just the stuff I KNOW I am doing. So in he long run, despite all the work, I am still finding time to hang out with loved ones, so far so good. If I can hit the beach a few times this summer, that would be awesome.

my main goal is to go on a vacation this august, hopefully with a friend or two. Even if i rent a beach house in NJ. Or take a cheap ticket to a city i've never been too. This is my goal. And now that I am so headstrong on this, I am doing my mini research to narrow down some options and the real point of this blurb is lost. Opps.

No comments: